Public Liability Claims

We will do our best to settle your claim for the maximum sum as soon as possible. Strict time limits apply to making claims.  Don’t delay in obtaining legal advice.

Who can claim?

If you have suffered an injury in a public place or in any other premises you may be entitled to claim damages against the owner and/or occupier of the premises or location where you were injured.  To succeed in a claim for damages in a public liability or “slip and fall” claim it is necessary to establish negligence against the occupier of the premises or the location where you were injured.

These claims include:

  • “Slip and fall” accidents in retail premises such as supermarkets, shopping centres, footpaths, parks, boat ramps etc.
  • Sporting injuries
  • Injuries sustained from animal attacks
  • Injuries sustained in public buildings or private premises
  • Use of Gym equipment
  • Injuries whilst using a lift or escalators/travelators etc.


Damages are awarded for “pain and suffering”, loss of income, medical treatment expenses and domestic care and assistance and other losses which may arise in a particular claim.

We have extensive experience in such claims. We are experts in this area of law.

What you should do if injured

  • Seek early medical attention
  • Keep all medical records and receipts etc.
  • Keep a record of the incident (preferably with photographs of where the injury occurred)
  • Contact us to assess and action your claim

Other Legal Services